A blog post dedicated to my friends and family….
Dear friends & Family,
As you all know I have been working for this goal since the end of 2010. I started running the summer of 2010 when I overheard a co worker Santhana Phommachanh speaking about how she ran in hall and full Marathons. Amazed that this normal girl actually ran 26.6Miles I began to asked her questions. I found out that the NYRR, NEW YORK ROAD RUNNERS started a new entry clause for any person to run the NYC MARATHON instead of raising money or entering a lottery the runner must be a member of the NYRR and run 9 runs ranging between 4Miles to 9.3Miles during the whole year- Jan to Dec. Once the runs have been completed the runner must volunteer in one race of their choosing before December 31st of the same year then the following year the runner will have a place in the NYC MARATHON. Once I completed my runs plus volunteer in 2011 I waited almost a whole year to run the NYC MARATHON 2012. That same girl I told you about earlier Santhana became a very close friend of mine, ran multiple races with me so we could run the NYC Marathon together. It saddens me say she will not be running this event with me, regretfully she passed away in August from an aneurysm. Santhana Was an Organ Donor and even in her death she was able to continue to help others, Touch Families & Basically Save Lives Even In her Passing. Even thought she will not be physical there with me, I know she will be with me every step of the way saying “go patty go” giving me the courage to finish this race at my goal time which will be under 4-1/2hours. Incase you don’t know but a 4-1/2 time is a big deal, I will be running this race without stopping at a pretty decent pace 9-10min pace. I could run this faster but I want to finish this event strong which means I need to hold back til the 18th miles! As of today we are 17 days away from the big event!!!! This is not only just another race that I will be doing it is another goal I seeked out to conquer and achieve. Never in my life would I have image I would be doing this or that I would be a runner. I was never good at running but with practice and dedication I am now one hell of a runner :o) I do not fear the pavement! As you can see this event means the world to me so all the support I can get from my friends and family will help me complete this event strong! . Til this day I have only ran 13.1Miles which is a half marathon but I am fully confident that I will be ready for the full 26.6miles with all the training I have endure over these past 2 years i.e. running, crossfitting and even coming in 10th place in an crossfit competition among many great women athletics- I am now ready for the run of my life.
The race will commence in Staten Island at 8:30am but we all are assigned running waves, my running wave will be at 10:30am. Beginning in Staten Island, heading towards Brooklyn Queens, Manhattan, Bronx then finishing in Manhattan. Please let me know if you can be at any of these locations, I can give you an approximate time of when i will be there or you can pay $2.99 for text updates so you’ll know what time ill be in your area. Once i hit that location you can hopefully see me and make your way to the city to meet me at the finish line.
- Domestic (U.S.) fans can automatically track up to three runners via text—and as a bonus, fans can also choose to track one runner via Facebook and up to three other runners via Twitter. The pre-registration cost is$2.99 until 11:59 p.m. EST, November 3, 2012; race-day registration is $3.99 (text *99731 and enter bib numbers for up to three runners). Social media options are not available for purchase on race day. Sign up here or at the ING New York City Marathon Health and Fitness Expo November 1−3.
- Watch the “Marathon Morning Across America” broadcast on ABC7 throughout the tri-state area from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST and on ESPN2 nationally from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Watch the national highlight show on ABC from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Tune in from 125 countries around the world
- Check out NYRR On the Run, a running lifestyle show
- Watch streaming of select race week events at tv.nyrr.org
- Follow runners via Track My Runners™. Information and registration
Please contact me and let me know if you could attend and what location you will be at or if you are unable please leave your support on this page :o)